Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tippmann A-5 for Beginners

Hey guys! I know there are a lot of people who are beginners at paintball and want to get a marker but are unsure of which one to get. Well since i play mostly woodsball I recommend the Tippmann A-5. It's cheap, easy to use and very reliable. Its a really good gun to start of your paintball carrier.

The Tippmann A-5 is one of the best markers I've used so far. It was my first marker I ever bought and it was great. It was around $250 and it came with a 20 oz CO2 tank, a mask, a 20” barrel and a barrel plug. You can buy a regular Tippmann A-5, without the package I bought, for about $150 maybe a little less. The A-5 is typicalley played in woodsball more than speedball because it is not built for speed, it's built for low maitnance.

Some pros and cons for the Tippmann A-5

Pros:
1. Low maintnance. I only had to clean it once a year and there was really nothing to clean or lubricate so for people who don't know a lot about markers, its a really easy gun to maintain.
2. It is very accurate with any barrel. I personally liked the 20 inch barrel but there is another barrel that makes the gun a lot more accuret and it's called the flatline. (I will explain how the flatline barrel works in mt next post)
3. It requires no electronics so you can get it as wet as you want without any drawbacks.
4. It has a built in cyclone feed system which feeds the paintballs to the marker a lot faster and requires no electronics. (I'll explain more in my next post along with the flatline)
5. You can mount red dot sights, scopes and practically anything you want, you can even get creative and mount a laser pointer on it.
6. You can put a stock on it which will make it more comfortable but it gets in the way too much so I wouldn't recommend it.
7. It's simple to take apart incase you need maintnance on it. (I'll explain that on my next post along with everything else I promissed to put)
8. It works with compressed air tanks, nitrogen tanks, and carbon dioxide tanks.

Cons:
1. Its very heavy.
2. Its not meant for speed, thats why its a woodsball marker.
3. Its a big marker.
4. Only has semi automatic mode
5. Since it comes with a cyclone feeder, you don't have much options when you want to get a new hopper.

Thats about all of the pros and cons I can think of, I mean its a really good gun for beginers and you could acquire a lot of skill using this gun. I hope you found this helpful and if you have any question about it I'll answer them for you as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I like your post on the Tippman A-5. There are many new players out there and they really rely on posts like this post. It is well written and give a player the info they need to make a decision on their purchases.

    I would like it if you linked top my website. I like your blog. And the info will help my customers.

    www.xtremepaintballnow.com. www.extremepaintballnoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete